I'm taking up this tag from a blog i read: http://thirtysixandcounting.wordpress.com/
It's so much fun to think about all the fictional heroes that i've fallen for and list them down here:
1. Fitzwilliam Darcy - this man would figure on most women's top 10 list - his arrogance, the way he protects his sister, his unseen kindness and the way he hides how he feels about Elizabeth - what more could you want.
2. Rhett Butler - Arrogance and charm take the cake again. Is there something wrong with me - that I like arrogance so much?
3. Hank Rearden - Arrogance again - this character from Atlas Shrugged is not its hero, but it's him you fall for in the end.. not Galt or Francisco.
4. Superman - Do i really need to list the reasons? Spiderman never really did it for me because he became too human in Spiderman 2. Superheroes should remain what they are - super heroes. No?
5. Aragorn, son of Arathorn - A lost inheritance, the heir of a long line of kings, descended from men who were once immortal, sigh....
6. Frank Hardy - the elder of the Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew's interest whenever the two sets of characters were combined in one story.
I can't believe I couldn't get to 10 characters. I think that lately I've read so much chick lit and so little of the kind of fiction you read and always remember that I don't remember any other characters. Let me take this tag up after a week and tell you if I remember anything else!