Saturday, January 06, 2007

An update after so long:

I haven't been able to blog in such a long while. Too many reasons why Ididn't. I haven't had the time. I haven't had net access. Too manythings were flying round in my head and I was scared that I would know what they were if I wrote them down. First things first - HAPPY NEW YEAR - as we now say it here -あけましてのおめでとうございます. Yes, you guessed right.

I am back in Japan. And this time again, it is so different from the last couple of times I was here. The last time I was here, I was completely entranced by Japan. It was a full fledged love affair right from day one. The language, the people, the malls, the temples. And this time again, it's different. I would never want to settle down here. It's so cold for one thing. I don't think I could ever get used to being this cold. And there's a lot to be said for the comforts of life in India. Come out of work, or finish shopping. Catch an auto, get dropped right in front of home. Go home from work to a nice hot dinner that amma has made. Wake up to the smell of coffee and a fresh newspaper. And last but certainly not the least of all - stay close to to everyone you love.Hmmmm - Ok enough. That is too much nostalgia. Let's talk about something else. Let's talk about a book I recently read. Lisey's Story - By Stephen King. This is Stephen King's latest offering and maybe it's because of themood I am in right now - the book made a wonderful read. It's not fastpaced, not terribly thrilling. But it frightens in places and makes you laugh in many. You laugh and cry with Lisey as she rediscovers her husband's life.This is a short post after being away for so long. But what can I say - Iwant to post it before I start feeling I don't have enough to say and delete it.

No comments: